Thank you from your winner – Rosie!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

What a great moment it was to be at Glastonbury Music Festival, in a field with next to no phone-signal, and finally be able to log into my emails to see that I had won I’m A Scientist, Get me out Of here. To say that I was over the moon would be an understatement!

I really want to say thank you so much to everyone that asked such great questions and everyone who voted for me in this competition. I have had heaps of fun answering all of your interesting questions (including those of you continuously asking about slime!) and I hope you enjoyed asking these as much as I did answering them. Your thoughtful questions have left me very impressed and proud to have worked with such a bright and inspirational group of young people. I am so happy that so many of you were interested in my work and being able to talk to you about what I do was really great fun.

A huge thank you also goes to the moderators – you did a great job and organised the event perfectly. It was lovely chatting to all of you and you made the live chats really fun and enjoyable. You all worked so hard and I hope you’re having a well-deserved rest now!

The competition definitely fell on a very busy couple of weeks; juggling experiments, conferences and festivals, but getting to talk to so many inspiring young people and answering all of your questions was so worth it and I would recommend this competition to anyone that loves science!

Thanks to all of the other scientists that took part, especially to Chris, Tom, Wajiha and Phil in the Thorium Zone – I found it super interesting learning about the things that you guys study and you should all be proud of yourselves 🙂

Thank you again for an awesome experience and keep asking great questions!

Over and out

Rosie

Posted on June 28, 2017 by modantony in News. Leave a comment.